You can view our Memorandum and Articles here.
You can download a copy of our complete Strategic Plan 2008 - 2011 here. Following are some extracts from this document.
- To help faith communities develop a vision, linked to wider community plans, which puts churches at the hub of the community, with greater use of their buildings for faith-based and other activities.
- To encourage partnership and community engagement linking local individuals, community groups, businesses and public sector organisations with churches.
- To maximise the resources available to repair, maintain and develop church buildings in Cumbria; to help ensure those resources are used efficiently; and to target new funding where it will be most effective.
- To support those responsible for managing churches, particularly through training and sharing of information and best practice.
- To help churches fulfil their potential as part of Cumbria’s cultural offer whilst doing justice to their historic and religious roots; to enhance the experience of visitors to churches; and to increase contributions by visitors towards the upkeep of churches
CTfC's Vision for 2020
Cumbria’s communities value their diverse and historic local churches as a unique living asset for present and future generations.
Cumbria’s churches have an increasingly sustainable future. They retain their purpose as places of worship, but are also a focus for a wide range of community activities which contribute to the aspirations of the people of Cumbria and spring from the mission of the church.
The substantial contribution of church communities to social capital and environmental sustainability is widely recognised amongst decision makers and opinion formers in Cumbria and beyond.